Consent vs Legitimate Interest- latest thinking & practical approaches
The EU General Data Protection Regulation coming into force on 25 May has been plaguing the industry since its announcement in 2016. One thing is clear- solving the problem of consent is a top priority for charities. The challenge facing fundraisers is to determine whether to use legitimate interest or to take a fully opt-in approach and risk a steep decline of data. But it isn’t all doom and gloom, using permissions can also be used to drive engagement and donor retention. Advanced will provide delegates with a short summary of the various approaches to consent, including real-life examples of what large charities and smaller specialist organisations are doing when it comes to consent. This interactive workshop will explore the following areas:
- Risks related to relying on legitimate interests
- How many preferences should be offered to cover all areas
- Pros of implementing a consent portal and strategy for doing so
- How to manage the ‘right to be forgotten.
- Driving engagement and donor experience through permission